Wed, 20 Jun 2001 00:26:25 EDT
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
Cheryl wrote:
"Since I am new to Lactnet I do not know who Robert Tisserand is. Could you
 enlighten me?"

Robert Tisserand is a leading British aromatherapist. He is a lecturer, writer and the editor of the International Journal of Aromatherapy. Go to www.tisserand.com/company/roberttisserand.html for more info. He has just published a book (which I do not yet have on the safety of oils).

"And I would be very interested in the 1983 case of the man in Australia. You said it was a documented case. Could you e-mail me the reference?"

His book "Aromatherapy, To Heal and Tend the body" is where is got this info. Perhaps you could email him for for info.

" Thank you for your communication of your strong feelings for tea tree oil. PS. Having worked in a dermatologists office at one time and knowing the
 highly sensitive nature of the epidermis and dermis of those afflicted with eczema and how they usually have an allergic bias, I would be very careful with that population when recommending a substance know to produce eczema."

I have to wonder how valid the source is that you have, as I have found nothing at all about such a risk. Quite the contrary, actually. I spoke with a very higly regarded herbalist in my area today (about something unrelated),and mentioned the discussion on tea tree. She told me that several years ago she had terrible excema on her hands and healed it by applying tea tree oil neat all over it. She said it healed in a matter of days. I am looking forward to obtaining Tiserand's new book.
Jennifer Tow, IBCLC, CT, USA

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2