Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Nov 2011 13:42:33 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
Hello all,

If anyone has applied for CERPS lately (after Aug 2011) they will also notice a change in the application package that is directly related to the WHO Code (page 10):

To the best of our knowledge, I/we declare that:
 No part of the program is organized by individuals or companies that manufacture, market or
distribute products that are in any way related to breastfeeding and/or infant and young child
feeding, nutrition and care, including products within the scope of the WHO International Code of
Marketing of Breast‐milk Substitutes (e.g. infant formula, bottles or teats)
 No such company or company personnel have had or will have input into the choice of presenters
or topics or into the content of the program.

As the program organizer, I/we understand that in regard to the above described individuals or
companies:
 I/We may accept funding from such individuals or companies in the form of unrestricted
educational grants.
 I/We may charge such individuals or companies a fee for exhibiting at our program(s).
 Such individuals or companies may not fund or be indentified with specific speakers or
presentations.

So.. reading into this we can see that the first paragraph is fine.... but then we see that we CAN accept funding from formula companies but we cannot mention this!!!  These comapanies MAY exhibit at our conferences etc...  Complete conflict of interest.
How come this wasn't brought up before with the discussion about the Code of Conduct.

We are having a big ethical problem with this at Infact.

Rosalie Sarasua, IBCLC, LLLCL
Infact Quebec

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2