Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Apr 2008 15:21:46 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (39 lines)
Dear all:

I must confess, that living here in New York City we must really need a sense of relief 
from the ridiculous self-importance that comes from living in a city where everyone takes 
themselves far too seriously and thinks Manhattan is the center of the universe.  Satire is 
a survival skill that even my nine-year old son has adopted, particularly when it comes to 
breastfeeding. So, clearly, satire is in the eye of the beholder because I literally laughed 
until tears ran down my face and I had an almost PIMP experience the first three times I 
saw Milk Men.  

Milk Men is very well acted --- the longing looks from the men are so realistic.  Far 
superior than some of the lame silliness of some of the You-Tube videos of grown 
overweight men playing around with breast pumps injuring themselves.  The best of these 
was the Dad's Lab pumping video, which fit right in with nine year old boy humor.  My 
son loved it.  But I could not help myself and had to point out that they really failed in 
their mechanical skill because they thought the dial for suction speed was really the 
control for suction strength.  The others were merely repeats with only minor variations 
in type of pump, degree of overweight, and amount of chest hair.  I was shocked how 
many men posted themselves on You-Tube doing this with such a total lack of creativity.

Another video that I can no longer find and is also likely to be of questionable acceptance 
was of a woman who was serving two men in an outdoor cafe while wearing a back pack 
pump and expressing milk.  Again, I personally found it hilariously funny, but it could be 
construed as quite offensive to some others.  

Best, Susan

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2