Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:57:14 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (31 lines)
Dear all:
Betsy Gotsbaum (her stepdaughter was in the news recently because she tragically died in 
policy custody on her way to rehab --- the children are in my son's school) was on our local 
radio WNYC this morning speaking out about "cosleeping" in shelters.  So, first I'm thinking 
the radio didn't research the difference between cobedding and cosleeping, overlying versus 
SIDS, and the conditions in the shelter where a child might be terrified of sleeping on his or 
her own.  

So, if any of you work in a public health setting where these issues have been addressed so 
I could inform both Betsy Gotsbaum and WNYC about some details they are missing in this 
picture, I would be grateful.  I don't one more disincentive to breastfeeding moms in 
shelters to be the norm.

Secondly, an alert.  I may become "wallpaper" on CNN segment sometime soon.  They're 
filming my clinic today.  There will be an article coming out about which I've been sworn to 
silence.  Its on a topic that will actually give one more reason to breastfeed.  I'll let you 
know when or if it airs.

Best, Susan Burger

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2