Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2008 11:13:08 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
a security feature of the facebook Lactnet group being "closed" (meaning you must request membership approval from the admins) is that if you are not a member of the group, you may not view the profiles/personal info of its members (but names and default photos are visible) and non-members can't add comments, so the anti-breastfeeding-zealots can't spam anything.
even if you don't join the group you can put the faces with the names...I can't wait to see who I recognize at the 4 conferences I'm going to btwn now and May (one of which is Diane Weissinger in NW GA March 26)

there is a group called "hey, facebook, breastfeeding is not obscene (official petition)" with 26,000 members and 1782 photos so far. the photos include beautiful pics of real moms nursing real children and children nursing their babydolls, lots of happy families, comic strips (including several hathor the cowgoddess excerpts), and activist logos/bumper stickers/etc. 
it's worth a perusal (it's an open group) even if you don't join lactnet on facebook...

vicki hayes rn ibclc in brunswick ga
mom of sean (9/00), harrison (9/03), and lachlan (3/3/06!!- who is asking for "moo moo"- which evolved from "mama" + "mo' milk" (more milk, which he signed and said).
www.myspace.com/that_username_is_taken

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2