Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Aug 2012 00:01:55 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
Hello, I have been supporting a Mom who still has sore nipples despite using Lansinoh, calendula, nothing, ruled out TT by pediatrician, I saw the baby but don´t have enough clinical expertise to detect different types that could be causing the problem if this were the case.   She is quite tense and anxious (it seems like a pattern for her in the early postpartum period, I supported her with first baby and more or less followed had same issues)  and usually when I have been with her one-on-one I can detect mini tensions that I make her aware of in order for her to also make it a point to check this out when nursing her baby, and when we talk over the phone I make it a point to remind her to have baby open wide before she lets her latch, and when she does she does notice a difference in pain perception. She has asked me if she can use Bepanthen for her nipples without having to wash off, this was recommended to her by a friend, I haven´t been able to find information beside the company that produces it, they say Mom´s can use but doesn´t specify if it should be washed off.  Can you help me with this?  Thank you and many hugs and blessings, Cathy Urroz, LLL, IBCLC in Mexico =)

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2