Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jun 2012 09:35:19 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (14 lines)
I am an outpatient LC.  With the renewal of our employee health insurance effective 9-1-12 we are adding the Affordable Care Act guidelines of:  “Breastfeeding support, supplies and counseling will be covered at 100% from in-network providers for comprehensive lactation support and counseling by a trained provider during pregnancy and/or in the postpartum period, including costs for renting breastfeeding equipment in conjunction with each birth.”  WOW.  I am floored.  I am so excited to see this benefit.  I don't need it personally, but think of all the people that will impact.  But I am also thinking, that is me.  I am the trained provider.  And if our hospital adopted the Affordable Care Act guidelines, how many other employers are going to do the same thing.  Currently we charge out of pocket for our outpatinet visits and our pump rentals.  Any advice on talking to our billing department about HOW this is going to work.  I seem to be the only one who knows about it.  I am meeting with my supervisor Monday and I know she is going to ask me for ideas.  I've talked to our insurance company.  It is not a remimbursable service.  It is covered, the patient pays nothing.  I also have a call in to our network contact to fiind out just what $ amount is covered for both OP and rentals.  So now what.  Do I need a superbill?  In the past we have never dealt with insurance for lactation or supplies because it is too much of a hassle, we put it back on tha patient to seek reimbursement.  But we have to do something.  Advice?
I'd also be curious to know if anyone else has seen this wording in their insurance renewals.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2