Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 2014 19:00:42 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Permission to post. I recently did a prenatal consultation with a 34 year old mother pregnant with her third baby. Her other two children were exclusively breastfed until around 3-4 months when she began to lose her milk supply. Her milk completely dried up within a month or two with both children. I took a full history and there were a few subtle things that could have led to a milk supply issue but I believe it was mostly hormonal. Mom has endometriosis with a history of infertility. She conceived her first child after laparoscopic surgery and her third child after surgery and a round of clomid. Births were normal, unmedicated, no other known health issues or significant history. No history or signs of thyroid issues.  Mother stays at home and separation has never been an issue.  She tried domperidone for a day but it made her very depressed. She never had nipple soreness or breast issues but we did discuss the possibility of tongue tie and we also revisited latch and ways to get breastfeeding off to a good start. Does anyone have any good resources or anecdotal information related to endometriosis and its affect on breastfeeding, or the loss of milk supply at 3 months related to hormonal issues? I am finding some things on PCOS and hormonal issues early on, but not a lot of other helpful information. Thank you!

Leah Segura, BSW, IBCLC, PCD(DONA), LLLL
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2