Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2005 21:08:16 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I too received my pump from Playtex. Today I called them with some questions, these are the answers I received.
What are the cycles of the pump- 40-60/minute
What is the suction level-  Single pumping - 228mmHg(max)
                                        Double pumping- 76-170mmHg

I asked how it was labeled hospital grade since most of the other pumps similiar to this did not have this designation. The answer was that a it was labeled as such by Ruth Lawerence's definition that it "prevents contamination of the milk" and LLL's definition that it sustains pressure from 200-220mmHg. I asked then if it was only designated as hospital grade for single pumping  as it only sustained those pressures with single pumping- answer unknown but they were going to pass it along to corporate to give an answer.

I also asked if it was designated as a single user pump why I was to use it with five moms. I was told that there is no contamination and that I , as a lactation consultant, could use it in this manner because I was using new tubing and flanges for each mom and "overseeing" it's use. I asked if a mom bought new tubing/flanges (available) and used the pump how was that different. No clear answer, again it was being passed along to corporate.

Overall the pump and bag seem nicely done. It is not any louder than a Purely Yours(in fact it is suprisingly similiar in many ways) and set up even a bit easier. My tubing was also crimped but worked immediately, the kinks working themselves out. One of the moms I showed it to and who is going to try it out thought it seemed an improvement over her Purely Yours. We'll see. I'm sure there will be many comments.

Lisa Enger RN BSN IBCLC
Boston, MA

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2