Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 2010 15:03:22 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I am looking for input on what you think is the best video to have for my clients who are pregnant and on bed rest.  So far I have viewed Follow Me Mum, Breast is Best and a short video put out by the Ontario Aboriginal Health board (or something like that).  So far I have liked the one from Ontario the best (I am working on finding its title) as it discusses the benefits of breastfeeding and shows breastfeeding as part of "normal" life as well as talks about extended breastfeeding, one of the women speaks of breastfeeding all of her children 2.5 years.  It also has fathers talking of breastfeeding.  Follow Me Mum was good for demonstrating how to latch a baby but I feel is too detailed for the antepartum period and we have it on our pt education channel in our hospital.

I have also viewed A Preemie Needs His Mother and yes, it does have flaws (the use of band aid markers and the physician's hands all over the woman's breasts while demonstrating how to hand express) but it also has good information on it too regarding how breastmilk is most suited to premature baby's needs.  I also liked that mothers spoke of their experiences.  Overall I feel it is a good resource for women at risk of premature delivery.

Now, Breast is Best.  Is there a new version of this out there?  I have seen the old one but somehow I thought there was a new version out there and I have been unable to locate it.  The old one is dated but also had some good info in it.

Any other suggestions out there?

Cordelia Merritt RN BSN IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2