Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Mar 2009 23:54:40 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (35 lines)
I'm posting this at the request of a PPLC colleague here in AZ, USA.
Any thoughts or information you can provide is greatly appreciated.
Phyllis Adamson 

-- query --
I am an IBCLC in Peoria, Arizona who is posting with permission from her client. She breastfed her first 2 babies with absolutely no milk production issues for a full year each with appropriate weight gain.

Third baby has major problems with milk production.  More than 10% weight loss.  Saw another IBCLC who evaluated mother and baby and observed no problems with latch, breasts, etc.  AFter 1 week of pumping and using SNS, mom is pumping 1/2 oz each time and begins Domperidone with Newmans suggested protocol.  7 days later is producing 4 oz and weans from Domp. altogether.

Fourth baby - New client for me.  AFter full evaluation and no milk whatsoever, at all, suggests mom request routine lab work, which also includes hormonal values.  Her prolactin levels are .5 she tells me.  AHA!   Referred to Dr. Randall Craig,well known endocrinologist in Phoenix, however, he will not see pp woman, only infertility issues.

I am looking for a referral for this mom, who pumped with Symphony, took herbs for 5 full days and Domp. with absolutely no milk whatsoever.  She would even be interested in a telephone consult.  

Please share any information or names so I can pass this on to her.  Thank you so very much.

Lori J. Isenstadt, IBCLC
Peoria, AZ
[log in to unmask]

--
Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ.
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2