Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Sep 2016 16:15:44 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (38 lines)
Of course, I read Tricia Shamblin's post with much interest.

I have offered several articles that I believe offer evaluations of treatments without bias.

In any case, I agree with much of Tricia Shamblin's observations and agree that all non-treatment options should be explored before using any pharmacological treatments and before falling to "our unbridled capitalism and greed."

I believe that most lactation consultants who know me would agree with me when I state that unbridled capitalism and greed is not the way I operate.

I also wish to make several points.

I agree that most, if not all, ointments, creams, lotions, etc. do not promote dry healing.

I have never advocated covering the nipple with any oil, peppermint or not.

We need to define our terms: creams are creams; creams are not oils, ointments, lotions, solutions, gels, or inclusive of any other topical formulation.

In summary, peppermint gel is a water soluble product that contains a very, very low concentration of peppermint oil in a water soluble, drying, protective unique formulation.

Once all nonpharmacological treatments are exhausted, should we then condemn women who want to breastfeed to constant, excruciating pain, if that remains the outcome?

I look forward to the breastfeeding community to challenging and answering all the questions that Tricia Shamblin poses.

Frank J. Nice, RPh, DPA, CPHP

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2