Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 2015 11:49:01 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (15 lines)
Very similar description to a newborn I had 2wks. ago.  Mom had some flatish nipples,but pump prior to feed helped. Short feeds, then mom would supplement. Her plan was both feeding. stopped formula after she saw she did have milk.  Hispanic that did not breastfeed other children-"they would not take breast". I wonder did she have the flatish nipples and no assistance with those babies.  
 Baby remained in hospital for antibiotics. By day 3, he was fussy at breastfeeding attempts, arching his back, latch, on & off, on& off. Cry arch, kick. I was thinking I had not seen such a tight, arching baby (other than NAS..and he was not).   No spitting.  Mom would get frustrated pump & bottle feed. Suck the breastmilk down no problem.  No supply issue for Mom, by day 4 -2oz. 
ULT-  clipped day 4, Some initial latching on & off the first few times after ULT clip and some convincing mom she didn't need to continue bottle feeds.  Exclusively breastfeeding spoke with Mom post discharge at 10days of age

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2