Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 1998 19:51:45 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Hello Lactnetters!

I am a LLLLeader in Germany and although I've spent hours in front of my computer reading Lactnet, this is my first posting.  I've been thoroughly impressed by your collective wealth of information and am hoping you can give me some help.

I'm working with a woman who had recurrent bouts of masitis and although she's been off antibiotics for over 6 weeks now, she and her 6 month old baby now have thrush.  Her WEEKS spent on antibiotics have made her reluctant to begin on the nystatin therapy she anticipates her family practitioner recommending at her appointment tomorrow.

I've searched the archives but haven't found specific recommendations for alternative treatments of thrush.  Specifically, does anyone have information on the use of Grapefruit seed extract, or the alkaloids Celandine or Berberine?  Are these used instead of or addition to nystatin?  We've already discussed dietary changes. and preventative measures in the home.  Any other ideas on combating thrush with alternative therapies?

Terry Jackson  LLLLeader, 
Sembach,  Germany
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2