Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:44:31 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
As far as screening calls, I have a home phone and a cell phone.  I use the home phone number as my LLL listing and my cell as my IBCLC listing.  I still get the occasional call for IBCLC help on my home phone so I am sure I ask the mom before we start where she got my number.

I do this to determine which hat I am wearing but I do not limit the help I give over the phone.  I have not found that people want more than I am willing to give.  Most calls for IBCLC help do end up with a home visit but I am willing to help over the phone for free if I feel like this mom does not necessarily need a consult.

I charge a fair rate for my services (fair to me and fair to the client) and they include unlimited phone and e-mail contact after the consult.  I have never had a mom abuse this offer.  Only a few moms have needed long term ongoing contact and I am more than fine with giving that to them.  I always learn from these contacts and I clarify my own thoughts and become more concise with my descriptions every time I communicate with a mom.

That is great that you refer moms to La Leche League.  They will likely get their needs met very well though LLL.

Laura Spitzfaden, LLLL, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2