Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 22:26:48 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Just wondering... and then folks we really need to stop slinging mud because as IBCLCs you are alienating a huge portion of this list by putting us in the category of not being able to answer bfing questions via the phone... anyway what I was wondering... most, if not all of these CLC, CLE type programs, whether they be 4 days, 4 months or 4 years  are put together by IBCLCs.  I can only assume that the hope will be that we gain enough from the specific programs to go on to learn more from clients, peer counseling, etc. to someday have the basis for sitting for the exam.  Most of us don't have many IBCLCs in our area, so when we are welcomed with open arms, it does make us feel good... until of course we come here and get told we aren't qualified to do much.  

This is really getting under me skin today... I will now wonder everytime I post here... hmmm will these 2700 people think I am beneath them just because I don't have IBCLC after my name?  Now I may be the exception to the rule... however I don't think I am... but just because my formal education stopped when I got my little certificate, that didn't mean that I stopped educating myself!  I better get to bed before I say something I regret.  

Melisa
~*~*~*~*~
Did you hear? Breast is Best!
Certified Lactation Counselor
Student Midwife
Alternative Medicine Counselor in Training
Childbirth Educator
www.nurturingmama.com

Mom to Harry who changed my life,
Jacob who changed my spirit, and
Elleanor who changed my soul.

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2