Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:36:45 +1100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
I would just like to wish those that celebrate Christmas a happy time with family and friends and to those who do not celebrate I hope you are enjoying your summer or winter (being the southern hemisphean listmother I've been able to gloat to the other listmothers a little about the time I'm going to have at the beach!) 

Apart from the fact that I've been making Christmas pudding (yes it may be 30-40oC but we still have a hot dinner) and the shops are incredibly crowded there is one other thing that lets me know that it is Christmas....for the past 2 years (ie 3 Christmases) a couple of days before Christmas I've sent off a paper to a journal that describes cases of adopted children who seek breastfeeding from their new mothers. Every June or so the paper comes back to me and I spend the next 6 months fiddling around with it and reformatting it for another journal to send it off in December. I started off with 13 cases but now I'm up to 32 and I'm really hoping that this time the editor will look favourably upon it and it'll be a tradition missing next Christmas (apart from anything else $25 postage to the UK!! yowie!)....the perils of trying to get a breastfeeding paper published in a journal that is not breastfeeding specific. I actually sent the abstract to the managing editor this time asking if it was somethiong they would be interested in before I sent it, he said yes. I hope he meant it. 

Anyway, I wish you all well in your endeavors for the new year! 

新 年 快 乐

Karleen Gribble

Australia

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2