Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 May 2000 22:52:55 +1200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (8 lines)
One thing that I have noticed is some mothers getting a secondary tenderness from their skin "drying" out from the thrush medication. Often interspersing treatments with a basic lubricant (one used a vit a and d ointment another an oil) seemed to "finish off' the problem. Also what is next to their skin disposable nursing pads and polyster/nylon in nursing bras can be irritating too. As for the vomiting baby as well as the allergy angle I'd be encouraging the mother to follow thru on the foremilk/lactose angle e.g. only one side per nursing, posture feeding, expressing the other side a bit while nursing first time in the morning etc ect (not necesarily all these things but trying to get her supply to meet the baby's needs) Having had a generally happy refluxer this time around I know how frustrating and depressing it can be to see so much milk come back up (at 17 months Jonathan still does it on occassion) I am a also a little curious I remember a friend talking about using papaya as a digestive aid - has anyone heard of this being tried with babies with reflux symtoms? I'd rather try that than something else when Jonathan gets more uncomfortable symptoms (which are allergy related but he helps himself to food now)

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2