Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2012 21:27:14 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Lisa asks:

<How does one go about reading articles without paying for it?  Is there a way to do so online?   Do public libraries have such access? >

I am often surprised by the number of complete articles I can read simply by googling the title/author. It depends on the particular journal, how old the article is, etc. If you are a member of the organization, that helps too. 

You might start by calling the reference librarian at your local public library for their particular set of rules. I have obtained several articles that way, though there is a small cost to it.

Even if I can only read the abstract by googling and/or NIH, one can still gain a lot of info that way, to decide whether you really want the whole article or not.

Fortunately for me, I do not live far from several universities. For a small annual fee, I am a member of "Friends of the Library" organization, and at times, rather than going to the library, the librarian has helped me immensely online simply because that is part of the service offered to members of FOTL at that state university. You would not necessarily have to live very close if you are seriously wanting references for something you are writing, etc.

K. Jean Cotterman RNC-E, IBCLC
WIC Volunteer LC     Dayton OH

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2