Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:37:57 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
I was just reading some LN's I'm behind on and read a post about Lipil odor or rather the odor babies have when they get this.  One SCN staff told me the same thing last week, that she had to leave the bedside of a baby passing gas who is on this formula!  I asked about explosive diarrhea.  She said
they hadn't noticed that, but they had noticed how foul-smelling the gas is.  Now, I'm just thinking, one of the survival mechanisms of babies is how cute they are.  I mean how many grown men make absolute fools of themselves over babies?!  Something about them tugs at our hearts.  But, I don't
know.  I mean if this cute little bundle is "breaking wind" as my mother delicately puts it, that drive flies away we might not feel so lovey, dovey about them!  That would be the formula feeding moms wouldn't!  But seriously, might that cause a degree LESS of bonding than is typically, though not
always I understand, seen with bottle feeding moms and babies?  Regular and soy formulas are bad enough.  How much more disagreeable can they become?  I'm picturing a cartoon right now of a babe in arms being shown to admiring others when suddenly ...pfffttt!... and everyone goes running for the
hills!  Funny...but not really!

Marsha, whose lactose intolerant daughter will be in Australia in June as a student ambassador!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Marsha Glass RN, BSN, IBCLC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations as all other earthly causes combined.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~John S. C. Abbot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2