Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Feb 2012 13:10:41 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Posting with permission; I have a friend that suffered from severe PPD.  Now that her daughter is 10 1/2 months old she is coming out of her PPD fog, but is having anxiety and fear of returning to her previous state because of natural weaning tendencies.  Her daughter is only nursing 4x/day or so because the mother works full-time and provides milk for daycare.  If the mother sees her daughter midday at daycare the daughter is not interested in nursing, but rather "hanging out" and playing.  The mother is fearful this behavior is early signs of weaning.  I have assured her it is not and is a normal progression.  The mother states she is sad that her daughter does not want to nurse at lunch time.  I do not want to see her spiral back into depression as she has fought so hard to feel better.  

Firstly, does anyone have any experience with or know of any research about depression from weaning?  Secondly, how would you reassure this mother that this is normal behavior?  

Thank you!

Sandra Jean Taylor
WIC Nutritionist
NM Department of Health

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2