Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 May 2008 14:44:38 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
HI!?I am out of the hospital now, but still very weak. I picked up a bad bug (C Dif), probably at the nursing home where my aunt lives, was given Cipro, which the bug is resistant to, and got really sick, as the bug just proliferated in my gut. It damaged some places in my colon but we think those will heal without complications. I will spend the next 2 weeks pretty much on the sofa, taking strong meds, and eating small amounts of soft, bland foods. I am very weak, lightheaded, and dizzy, so I am not going to be at the computer except a few minutes. My blood pressure is very low-actually I think all my systems are at the lowest point they can exist.
I appreciate the notes and cards of support. This has knocked me down more then anything I have ever had in my life.
I did learn some lessons about this bug-- it is resistant to hand sanitizers so health care professionals need to use hand washing when around it, it is pretty common in hospitals and nursing homes, and it can live on hard services ( tables, chairs, counters) for a long time. It can also be transferred via air?particles. So if an aide changes a diaper of someone with this ( senior citizen or baby), uses hand sanitizers, and goes to the cafeteria, she can transfer this bug to anything she handles. Ugly sceneria. ?So hand washing is essential, not hand sanitizing.

Barbara Whitehead

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2