Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 22:42:51 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
First of all, let me thank all of you who responded so quickly to my call for help for a client's friend in California. It came at about the same time I attended my first ILCA conference! My head is still buzzing over being filled to the brim from all the wonderful information. Unfortunately, I didn't plan very well and returned to work too soon. In the next couple of months I will be participating in 2 workshops and 2 health fairs...not to mention the infant care classes I have agreed to teach.

That leads me to my request for information on fetal brain growth and development. Some time ago, I attended a conference in which the guest speaker showed a side by side comparison of the growth of a 36 week fetal brain and a full term fetal brain. I, at that time, tried to purchase the text that she had referenced but it is out of print. If any of you know where or how I may obtain similar slides or pictures could you please advise me? I am already gathering information about the benefits of breastfeeding on infant brain development. One of the topics that I will be addressing is the "Near Term Newborn". I know that many of your are fighting the same battle with 2 fronts...early delivery and early discharge, while trying to help educate the staff, the family and the HCP's. With all this going on, it is difficult to close the office door at the end of a shift and not take work home.

I can't tell you how very much I value you all; your intelligence, your passion and your sence of humor, even more now that I have gotten to meet some of you face to face. (Was that really Dr. Hartman?) This is coming from one who grew up in Las Vegas and seeing celebrities in the super market!

Thanks again,
Kathy Bowers, RN, IBCLC
Silverdale, Washington, USA

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2