Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2007 13:11:45 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
Hi All,
I haven't posted for a very long time.  I have been metamorphosing, I suppose you could say.  Changing channels as Jimmy Buffett would say.  I no longer work in a hospital and have shifted focus now to public health.  I work at our state department of health now and am back in school getting my Master's in Public Health, thanks to the encouragement and inspiration of Virginia Thorley! (She knows how grateful I am!)  I am thriving at long last, with good prospects of working in breastfeeding support at a higher level.  I very nearly gave up on lactation because of the dings I've suffered especially the last few years, but thanks to the encouragement of my friends and peers, I am just where I should be.  I just signed back on to receive Lactnets to catch up on the what's going on in the lactation living room and this post from Kathleen caught my attention.

"I have run into an absolutely fabulous new breastfeeding 
site that is worth going to, and worth sending your clients to."

http://www.mobimotherhood.org

I want to second Kathleen's accolade.  I reviewed this for JHL in February, though they began putting them on the website instead of the hardcover version with that issue, so many people may not have seen it.  I have referred many moms to it since then.  I think I may have posted about it then, but maybe not.  There are a few articles that truly stand out and should be read by everyone.  You should look for my review for which ones (I'm at work and don't have info at hand).  They are definitely worth your time and will be a valued tool in your toolbox!

Good to be back!
Marsha

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Marsha Glass RN, BSN, IBCLC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mothers have as powerful an influence over the welfare of future generations
as all other earthly causes combined.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~John S. C. Abbot~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2