Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 2011 23:20:25 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
The latest issue of Clinical Lactation, official Journal of the US LCA has a good article on Parenting Plans and the Breastfed Child by Kori Martin, JD, LLLL.  It is a discussion about what to do about parenting and divorcing.  She discusses babies under 6 mo, over 6 mo to 12 mo and over 12 mo.  There is a dearth of legal guidance or statutes to protect BF, especially over 6 mo, when overnights become an issue in most family courts :-(  [I can't imagine being a dad and keeping a screaming baby, who only wants mommy and her milk].  Of course the best choice is to keep the child's best interests above any & all issues between parents.  Unfortunately we know that doesn't happen in many bitter situations.  She also mentions that mom should not make BF the issue.  She will be shot down.  

Makes me wonder what we activists could do to help state law makers codify these situations in baby's best interest, emotionally and health-wise.

Good article on BF after weight loss surgery and all sorts of tidbits on things available on line.

Commercial-you can get this journal by being a member of US LCA :-) or subscribe for $60-$100/yr depending on how you want to receive Journal.  I have no financial interest in the journal/org, just a member.  Pat in SNJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2