Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2011 16:42:07 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I remember seeing a story on the Discovery Channel, which could be the same one referenced all ready, but I am not sure. If I remember right, the mother didn't become ill until quite some time after the whole thing started.  What surprised me was that it took so long for anyone to consider that the baby also had whatever was causing the problem, when the bottles that had been used for formula also turned bright pink.  The mother had thrown away the bottles and nipples she had used for breast milk and bought new ones for the formula, but those turned pink as well.  Still, the doctor insisted that the baby should continue getting formula.  She deserved a gold medal for continuing to pump until she could return to giving the baby her milk.  I don't remember how long it was, but I am pretty sure that it was more than two months.  I am a strong believer in probiotics and believe supplements should always be given, especially after antibiotics.  They certainly can't hurt, and there aren't many things you can say that about.  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2