Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Feb 2009 23:30:18 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Dear friends,
I have had my share (and hope for many more to come) of conferences and symposia as a speaker and attendee with of without children in the room. In neither one of those roles have I ever been annoyed by children's noises. Yes, some kids do make more noise than others, some think it a good idea to join in with the discussion that lady up front is having on her own :-) , some just make those contented little nursing sounds. I just listen better or speak more clearly (I am blessed with a carrying voice myself). What does annoy me when I attend are speakers who mumble or rush. When speaking it annoys me when peaople hve chit-chat side conversations or get texted or called on cells.
Just have children in at breastfeeding conferences. They are what it's all about. They show that breasfeeding and loving care are part of life, worth to be seen.

Warmly,
Gonneke,LLLL, IBCLC, MOM, conference speaker and attendee, who's 5th and last baby turned 18 couple of month ago and hasn't been dragged to moms meetings for the last 14 years or so ;-)

--- On Sun, 2/15/09, Becky Krumwiede <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Norma writes about babies being unwelcome at some breastfeeding conferences and mentions La Leche League conferences where babies are welcome and

<...>

I'm an old La Leche League Leader myself, but the last time I went to a LLLI conference I said "never again."  Perhaps it's my advancing age, but my idea of tolerable baby noises and that of many of the attendees was on a very different level.  Not all of the moms with babies felt compelled to sit at the rear, and I found all the noise very distracting.  I hope out conference set-up better meets the needs of young moms with babies as well as us distractible old codgers.

Becky Krumwiede, RN, IBCLC
Appleton, Wisconsin

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2