Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 15:30:03 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
Befroe I go NOMAIL, which I'm about to do, I'd like to share with you all a thought for what the going gets tough.  When it seems as if you are striking your head against a brick wall in getting breastfeeding treated as normal, be it n a workplace or a community.  Think of the individual people you have influenced wth positive education, even subtly, and the ones you can influence at an individual level.  There are your children, if you are a mother (or father), your children's friends who notice breastfeeding happening or who know what you do at work.  There are the mothers and babies you work with, whether a workplace or on a telephone or email counselling service.  There is the company manager who reads your letter about some questionable advertising.  There is the mother you see in the shopping mall breastfeeding her baby, and you give a smile too and say "you're doing a great job".
    Think of each of these influences as like a small pebble you are dropping in a pond.  The ripples spread out and touch other part of the pond.  If you drop a lot of such small pebbles, the ripples cover a lot of the pond.
     Okay?  Go for it, in 2002.
         Virginia

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2