Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:34:04 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (62 lines)
As the mother of two children who both had tonsillectomies at 2 years of age for pansinusitis

due to allergies and large tonsils.  Yes, I believe that relactation will enhance your children's immune system.

This is why, since my kids' tonsillectomies they have rarely been on antibiotics (one is 13 and the other 6).  Also, they 

hardly ever miss school due to illness. In fact, both made it through kindergarten without missing a day. 

Despite both of them being breastfed for years they seemed to get every viral illness around 

and my daughter also got UTI's prior to the tonsillectomy.  She has not had one since the tonsillectomy.  

I think that their immune systems were so compromised by the sinus infection that it was all they could fight.  Now, they rarely run a fever

or are sick with a cold.  In your case, relactation should also help greatly with the ear infections.  

Given my experience with my son I am wondering if your son has had a CT of the sinuses?  If not, I would strongly 

suggest asking to have it done.  What we found was that my kids were being under treated for pansinusitis which necessitates

a months worth of antibiotics.  They would get 2-3 weeks of antibiotics and seem well for a couple of weeks but then it

would start all over again.  Untreated sinusitis can lead to an ear infection.  

Good luck---I know how exhausted you must be with constantly sick kids. 

Christine Betzold NP CLC MSN
www.theBFclinic.com
714-269-9879

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2