Wed, 6 Jul 2016 09:02:38 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2016 5:21 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Milk fistula

I have a mom who had a lump that was biopsied. It was benign, but it's now leaking milk. First the surgeon told her to keep nursing so as to draw the milk away from the incision. Then she changed her mind and said she read that the mom should let that side dry up until it's healed. I had another mom who this happened to and she nursed through it and it eventually healed. I think that's what this mom should do, especially since she struggled with her supply initially and I don't know that she would have an adequate supply with just one side, and she has worked so hard to get an adequate supply!
Had anyone else had a similar situation, or do you have an evidence based reason why she should dry up on that side?
Please reply to my email as I am currently no mail.
Thanks in advance for any replies.
Andrea Tran
RN, BSN, MA, IBCLC

Life is a big event - dress for it.

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This electronic transmission (including any attached file) contains information from Boulder Community Health which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us immediately by telephone (303-440-2029) or by electronic mail ([log in to unmask]).

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2