Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 May 2002 07:39:14 +0300
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
I have been in college classes with women and babies.  I agree that if there is no specific by-law against it, it is allowed.  I would imagine if the professor brought it up, something about it makes him or her uncomfortable.  Perhaps the mother can find out through conversation, how she can do it so it won't "bother" the prof.  I can't imagine being able to outlaw a mother and baby from a classroom in college, but I
am not a lawyer.  LLL has a legal aid department, it might be good to consult them and can be done through the web site I believe.

Donna Ron, MHA, IBCLC

ellen shein wrote:

> Hi Sue and all,
> I certainly am not a legal buff - but when I was in high school in the USA in the 60's , I was the first in my school to come to school in jeans. Everyone went nuts saying that I was going to get expelled, but in truth, the Dress code did not state anywhere that jeans or girls wearing slacks were not allowed. Therefore, either they had to change the dress code or allow girls to wear jeans. Guess which they chose. ?
>
> There I would imagine that it is the mom's right, and maybe only because it is not "outlawed" in any form or anywhere in the college's by laws. (or whatever they have there).
> I would recommend that she get in touch with the University's legal department and question this, because it just seems like another case of an uninformed person going only on her own biased opinion.  Doesn't seem logical that the mom has to do the checking to proove that she is indeed, allowed to breastfeed.
> Have a good weekend, everybody,
>
> Ellen Shein, LLLL, IBCLC , Tel Aviv
>
>              ***********************************************
> The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
> LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
> mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
> http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2