Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:06:27 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (12 lines)
Laura, Although I am biased because most of my Friends are Naturopath MD's or Oriental Medicine Doctor's, Bone and Teeth strength, from an Oriental or Holistic perspective generally has to do with depletion. The problem with Elimination diets is sometimes the patient's curtail their diet to such an extent they no longer eat a wide variety of foods and thus get less nutrients. Having said that, I just read an interseting article by Dr Klinghart, a well respected ND,  citing research out of Japan on Pregnant Mom's that took Chlorella growth factor during pregnancy and Lactation and they followed up the Children for 3 or 4 ? years, I have not had time to read the actual study yet, and the children had no Caries. Also while calcium is important, bone and teeth also need Magnesium , trace minerals and silica to be strong, most americans are deficient in all of these things, and Pregnancy and Nursing does drain the Mother if she is not adequatley replenishing  herself. People with highest calcium intake, the Swedish, have the highest Osteoporosis rates, and Japanese with the lowest Calcium intake, of course they do eat their greens though, and greens are high in Mag/Trace Minerals and Silica,  have the strongest bones, Lisa Mooney CNM MSN IBCLC 		 	   		  

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2