Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Oct 1996 08:48:53 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (5 lines)
Dear lactnetters, I'm convinced that everything comes in waves.  Last week I had one day where EVERY baby and mom I assisted with positioning and breastfeeding had the same problem - the baby would root, latch, scream, push off, go to sleep, then repeat the pattern - frustrating day.  This week, I have had 3-4 moms who have had blood in their EBM for one reason or another.  The one I'm am asking about is a mom that was referred to me from another hospital.  She had twins at 30 weeks gest., has been home with them for about 3 weeks now.  They are @3 months old.  She has been pumping all along, but has not had much success in getting them to breast for very long - a few sucks, then they pull off in frustration.  Her milk supply is slowly dwindling in spite of pumping faithfully.  Stress, fatigue, etc.  I am working with her with the SNS and babies are nursing longer every day - hurray!!!  I also had told her about Reglan and she has been taking it for about 5 days now.  She was noticing an initial increase in her milk supply, but yesterday she  began having blood from one breast and almost non-existant supply from that same breast.  States over phone - no cracks or bleeding from nipple itself - just pink EBM.  The only thing I know of that has changed is the Reglan - have any of you every had this side effect from that med?  All wisdom and knowledge will be appreciated.  Thanks,

Dani Hudspeth BSN, RN< IBCLC
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2