Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:02:58 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Hi,
I saw a mom today who has been following Dr. Newman's Candida Protocol for a few days now for thrush/candida. She was going to start the Gentian Violet tonight, but when she showed me the bottle she bought, it wasn't Gentian Violet she had it was the herbal Gentian (Gentiana lutea). 

I have no experience using this form of Gentian, so was wondering if anyone out there has used this form for Candida?
The ingredients are listed as: Gentian roots (Gentiana lutea), grain alcohol, and distilled water.
Dosage: adults 24-48 drops in a little water, 3 times/daily, 15-60 minutes before meals.
It does caution against use in pregnancy & breastfeeding (but so does gentian violet & it's used widely).

Mom is using the APNO, Grapefruit seed extract. Baby just finished a course of Nystatin but of course still has visible thrush in the mouth.

Anyone with experience in this field with herbals, if you could post to lact-net or email me off line I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Camilla Aviss RN,BHSc(N),CCCE,IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2