Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Feb 2009 20:51:19 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (26 lines)
Hi! Well am on a mission from my Nurse Manager and Chief of Peds.
Our Press Ganey remarks (for those of you not familiar, this is a survey our patients complete and return after discharge and it covers all aspects of their hospital stay from nursing, doctors, rooms, enviromental and dietary services. There is one question on Lactation regarding education and services) our scores have declined despite 2 LCs.
The comments included that the Nurses' gave different information, didn't spend enough time teaching or working with the patient couplet regarding breastfeeding. 
So my Breastfeeding Taskforce Committee and the 2 LCs are asked to get the scores up. First, give inservices so everyone is on same page of information, especially regarding length of time to breastfeed (we have tried to tell patients "Watch the baby not the clock". But there are some who continue to recommend 15 min each breast.) Can you hear me tearing my hair out?? So here we go again.
Next, we need a policy so we can invoke that with the people who continue to slip bottles and give information that is not evidence based and what we feel is the correct party line. Our chief of Peds/Neo would like to know how long time before one waits before giving formula when you have a sleepy or a baby who isn't breastfeeding or not feeding well. So I posted on Florida Lactation Consultants Association site, but no one has given me evidence base.? So I am asking the wise women and men on LactNet.
I need information by the beginning of next week so I can give it to our doc and he can approve it and take it so we can rush this policy through committee.
HELP!! Please. 
I have a copy of Glover algorhythm, but I don't know if there is something more pertinent or current.? Dr. Nancy are you out there?
Please post or send to me off list. There are several other inquiries on FLCA since I posted. So this seems like a burning questions where populations are very 
worried about baby not getting fed enough, jaundice or babies losing >7% birth weight. This is referring to term babies.
Much thanks,
Leanne Jewell RN-BC, IBCLC, LCCE, FACCE
South Miami, Florida USA
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2