Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2011 18:23:22 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Hi Karleen,
Today there is no difference between Medela and Avent because they both violate the Code with their marketing tactics for their bottles. What I meant to say was that I differentiate (right or wrong) between formula companies and pump companies who do market their bottles. I think the reality today is that many women are using bottles and keeping breastfeeding going, and I wish that the bottles were not idolized, but there you have it. My own thoughts which are not always cut and dried!!

Ellen shein, LLLI, IBCLC
Tel Aviv 

"As has been said many times, breast pumps are not covered by the code but feeding bottles are and many companies that make and market breastpumps also make and market infant feeding bottles in ways that breach the Code...I'm wondering though if what you really mean is that you differentiate between Medela and other companies that market feeding bottles in ways that breach the Code?? Forgive me if I have misinterpreted what you wrote"
karleen.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5692 (20101210) __________

The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus.

http://www.eset.com

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2