Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:48:26 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Wow, what a surprise (forgive the sarcasm).  I think you're probably right, many of these high-tech nurses probably have little if any experience with normal, low tech stuff; hopefully at least s2s is getting enough literature to become more commonplace.  Which brings me to the RADICAL idea that many of these babies could perhaps be fed BY THEIR MOTHERS, FATHERS, ETC., who would probably be thrilled to pace bottlefeeds if the techniques and benefits were explained.  Even if only a few feeds were done by family think how much it would free the nurses up to do other things.  Whose baby is it, after all?  Check out the Rush mothers program for amazing and exciting encouragement.

On to pacifiers- Most of the world has forgotten that the word "pacifier" means "one who makes at peace".  Who better than mom, and where better than at breast?  Where, oh where, has common sense gone?  The level of ignorance, even of literature that's been out there a while (s2s for at least 20 years), just amazes me.  Maybe this new generation of breastfeeders will become the nursing and medical school instructors of the future, and we'll see some real progress in about 20 more years (although we HAVE come a long way in the last 20!)  I'll keep hoping!!!  :-)
Kay McKee IBCLC,RLC,BA
--
Kay McKee

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2