Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 06:52:10 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Mine is a public, non-profit hospital. Most of our patients are on some form of government health care. They generally go home at 2 days for vag delivery, and 3 days for c/s delivery, barring complications.

We make an appointment for every baby for a next day clinic visit for baby; 2nd day only if next day is impossible. One health plan requires the parents to call for an appt and we have them do that before discharge.

There are 11 clinics in my health care system in addition to the hospital. The one located across the parking lot tries regularly to have me come over to see moms with BFing difficulties, but usually I'm up to my eyeballs in patients to see in PostPartum. So they try to make an appt for a day when there are two LCs working. Sometimes the mother comes in; sometimes she doesn't. 

Transportation is a big issue for most of them. One mom walked to the clinic from 3 blocks away, baby in car seat hanging on her arm, 3 y.o. at her side, Day 4 post cesarean! And she didn't bring her pain meds.

Phyllis

--
Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ.
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2