Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:25:56 +1200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
I am learning so much from this list.  In particular being able to access references and resources from the collective knowledge base of the group.  I am from a small country where we are very reliant on overseas studies and publications as we have limited resources for such things.  

However being small does have its advantages.  I have been following the recent postings about the influence of big business and the  recent appointment with UNICEFF.  I find it incredulous!  But to comment on this would be to comment on the politics of big nations.  And that in itself would take a dissertation!

On a more day to day level, I am amazed at the examples people from the US give about the use of formula in hospitals.  Formula has been locked away in maternity wards here for nearly twenty years!  That is not to say we don't have our problems and frustrations and we are by no means perfect but gezz - who gave formula the big medal of honour!

I know you are all doing what you can to fight it but while you have a business/hospital driven,  verses consumer/community driven health service, that is going to be hard to change.  

Somebody discussed work exchanges a while ago.  I hope to attend ILCA next year and would love to meet as many of you as possible.  Meanwhile if anyone is travelling "down under" I would be very happy to be of any assistance.  I can be reached by email [log in to unmask]

Karen Palmer
Independant Midwife
Who can't remember the last formula fed baby I have seen!
Awaiting LC results  (previous 1994)

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2