Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 17:33:03 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Hi all:

I have a couple of questions for which I'd love some good feedback! 

For those working as "outpatient" (post-birth + post-hospital-discharge or ongoing/follow-up NICU) LCs -- whether for a healthcare/other organization or as private practice -- do you screen for postpartum depression? (If post-birth + hospital-stay LC and aware of post-discharge, outpatient LC practices, let me know that too!) If you do screen, which screening tool do you use? If not, have you considered it as there has been more discussion of this in healthcare lit, e.g. recent article on Medscape re: "Postpartum Depression Screening: Importance, Methods, Barriers, and Recommendations for Practice" at 
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/558440?src=mp  

Has anyone been part of the interview process when your place of employment is ready to add a LC to your team? If so, were there particular interview questions asked that you/other interviewers found particularly helpful to get a good sense of an interviewee's skills, expertise, philosophy of caregiving, etc. and are you willing to share?!? If not, what questions do you think may be useful in getting to know a particular candidate? And if you've been interviewed for a LC position, were there particular questions that you thought pertinent and gave you an opportunity to "show what you know" -- and how about questions that seemed pointless?

Many thanks!

Karen G

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2