Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:17:53 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Am I the only one seeing this...

I have noticed recently that my outpatient population is picking up with parents that have taken their babys to get a tongue or lip tie correctioin and now baby is worse with breastfeeding then before. 

On almost every mother web forum I look at there are hundreds of post about ties and because of this some of these mother's are getting ties corrected as their first line of treatment. Then after the correction and the baby/mother still having difficulty with breastfeeding they come to see us. Some of these babies are nursing 'worse' then they were prior to the corrections per parents. 

I know we have discussed before about us (IBCLC's) not forgetting to give first line treatment such as correct latch. 

But are any of you guys seeing the same results. Parents that are calling for consults and within the first couple of minutes of getting history parents say that they took infant to get lip or tongue or both clipped or lazered because of x,y or z issue but now since treatment the breastfeeding experience is worse and this is the first time that they are reaching out to see an LC?

Jessica Callahan IBCLC
NC, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2