Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 18:34:09 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
AMy, This is really a wonderful initiative. I think it is probably something we all think about doing but don't know
exactly how to go about doing it. Do we take on more volunteer work, when we generally are already overloaded, how do we reimburse IBCLC's who are willing to "work" the hotline, who can we get to fund paying for the hotline, and I am sure a number of other queries.  Sounds to me that you have quite alot of Educators to run the line and only commit to one day per month. The only hotline that I know of around these parts (yes, bf and nutritional info) is sponsored by none other than M-----A, the trusting, local, ABM manufacturer. Funny enough, I receive a few referrals from them each month. I have called them to make sure, at least, that if I cannot compete with them, that they should have updated telephone numbers to refer clients to.

Have you tried engaging La Leche League in this effort? Seems a natural to me to enlist as many willing volunteers as possible also to reduce the workload of each volunteer. As someone mentioned before, LLL leaders would definitely be qualified to help out here

I would love to get a line going, which perhaps will be my next project. Do you have protocol or guidelines for setting up a line such as yours? You can reply to me by e-mail. I don't know if it will be of interest to the rest.
Thanks and keep up the great work!!

Ellen Shein, Tel Aviv

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2