Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 2011 18:04:18 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
Is there anyone with specific knowledge of this combination? I have come into contact with a mother, pregnant with her first, and since the start of her pregnancy she has been diagnosed with chron's vs celiac disease. She says that no dietary changes have helped, she has been experiencing rectal bleeding throughout her pregnancy, been taking constant steriods, and has been advised that she "has to have a cesearean or risk a fourth degree tear, causing anal fissures that would require her to be on medication to repair the anal fissures that are not compatible with breastfeeding".  So she has a wonderful primary cesarean scheduled at 38 weeks lest she get a 4th degree tear.

Now, her primary concern is being able to breastfeed. She doesn't mind the c/s if it ensures her being able to breastfeed. She would also like to have 6 or so children. I have talked with her about the rarity of a 4th degree in a natural birth, about the risks of 1, let alone 6 c/s, encouraged her to find out about these medications (she can never remember the names) and check into alternatives. 

She has asked me to post about this on here, if there is anyone with specifics on this combination and breastfeeding I would appreciate it. She does not have a definitive diagnosis on her bowel disorder as she declined the anesthesia for a full colonoscopy during her pregnancy. 

Thank you once again, 
Deann Ragsdale Rn IBCLC

____________________________________________________________________________________
Be a PS3 game guru.
Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/platform?platform=120121

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2