Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 2015 15:24:09 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Hi Judy, 

I work as a hospital based IBCLC and we rent hospital grade breast pumps through our Lactation Center. When we first began this program the hospital purchased the pumps. When the first pump was not returned, despite letters requesting payment or return, we went to the hospital for guidance in this situation. They did not feel the cost of tracking down and retrieving the pump was worth the cost. We never bought another pump but arranged to rent through the pump company and added their loss-damage waiver to the rental cost. It has paid for itself many times. We do not charge a deposit because 1) the loss-damage waiver takes care of any loss we might face, 2) it can be a bookkeeping nightmare unless you have one dedicated person to handle all things related to the rental side of the practice, and 3) we feel it would discourage our clinic patients from even the short rentals they do while waiting for their insurance pump to be delivered. I think that if I would be in private practice it would be even more practical to rent from the pump company than to own but I might consider a deposit fee depending on my client base and if I could develop a workable system for refunding the deposit. 

I hope this is helpful, 

Cindy Garrison BS IBCLC 
practicing in Pittsburgh, PA 

Judy wrote: 
I am checking to see what others are doing for breast pump rentals. Do you charga a deposit? If so, how much? 
do you have a successful return if you do not charga deposit? What is your process for pump rental? 
Thank you 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2