Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Jun 2011 23:09:25 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (44 lines)
You can try with this kind of images
http://www.museodelprado.es/coleccion/galeria-on-line/galeria-on-line/obra/aparicion-de-la-virgen-a-san-bernardo/
(this is about "manual expression", but you can find many other about 
different "issues")
They are absolutely not discreet, but at FB they may find it difficult 
to say they are unsuitable. ;-)
The only problem is about copyright, but there may be a way to get 
permission, I am no expert of the field.

I am sure this is not the kind of suggestion you were expecting, but you 
may be able find a way to use the idea in a direction you like....

Best regard,
Micaela

Il 26/06/2011 22.08, [log in to unmask] ha scritto:
> I am so annoyed, and I know this is not the first time this has been mentioned on Lactnet....
>
>
> I have been teaching and facilitating career training for birth professionals for years. I sponsored a Facebook ad for a training I am facilitating in the future which involved the use of a photo of a breastfeeding baby. My ad ran on and off according to my specifications for 3-4 days, and when I recently went to 'resume' the ad Facebook sent me notice that my ad is 'now' disapproved due to the unsuitability of my image.
>
>
> I hate to get into the 'degrees' of discreet or non-discreet breastfeeding images because in my eyes breastfeeding and images of breastfeeding are never distasteful or unsuitable. It's a baby eating for Pete's sake! Being forced to in this case, the photo I chose is VERY discreet...this peeves me off. I know many of you have had personal profiles deleted from Fb because of breastfeeding images.
>
>
> And who am I to Fb? Nobody, They are hardly reliant upon the teensy volume of revenue I provide them with periodic advertising....but I'm still peeved. It would hurt nobody but myself and my potential students to cut my nose off to spite my face, but you know I have considered it....
>
>
> I realize Fb is a private business and they have the right to set the criteria which discerns what they will and will not permit as images. But I'm sorry, there are highly erotic photographs and images, and videos posted to Fb all the time...and they go after breastfeeding?
>
>
> I see this as a teachable moment but I'm not sure I have the personal time to devote to it but if you have suggestions I would love to hear them. My college son immediately says to me as he hears me whine about all this, "That's newsworthy Mom...you should tell someone"....and he now wants to post the issue to a popular discussion blog called Reddit...which is fine with me....but I want to see the Fb staff get some personal education about this topic....suggestions?

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2