Date:
Wed, 24 Feb 2010 01:16:26 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (42 lines)
Hello-

My name is Anne Smith, BA, IBCLC, RLC.

I  have six wonderful kids, all breastfed, and I have  worked with nursing mothers over 30 years. I have an informational/educational website, www.breastfeedingbasics.com.

I was certified as a LLL Leader in 1978, and became an IBCLC in 1990.

For many years, I was a an active LLL Leader; I maintained a private practice and a pump rental station (over 200 pumps at one time);  conducted AHEC workshops, developed and implemented a lactation education program for medical students and interns at WFU medical center and Brenner's Children's Hospital in Winston-Salem, NC; trained and supervised a peer counselor program at a local Health Depart; had articles published in Kelly.mom, breastfeeding.com, obgyn.net, and many more. 

After an injury in 2005 and major surgery in 2006 with ensuing complications, I "retired" from the lactation business for several years. 

Now that I'm good as new ( except for  a new hip that sets off metal detectors in airports), I am excited about getting back into the swing of things in the lactation community.

Currently, I am in the process of  re-vamping my website, and plan to focus on writing more educational articles and developing a newsletter. I am looking forward to sharing with and learning from other breastfeeding advocates and professionals. 

I missed you guys and I'm glad to be back!

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2