Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:06:21 +0200
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Naomi,
I am sure there are many out there who are not savvy re all the abbreviations used here and in various non-visual - audio modes of communication.  I think these originated from the use of Instant Messenger.
LOL - Laughing out Loud (in reaction to what was written by the other communicator or to indicate that what was written was meant in jest)
ROFL - Rolling on the Floor Laughing (in other words, "that was very very funny"!)

Now while you took the plunge and admitted that you didn't know what these meant, you have given me the courage to post here a number of abbreviations which I have jotted down over the past few months and as hard as I try, for the life of me, I can't figure em out.  So, thanks Naomi, and any of you out there that have the patience to respond and explain perhaps some abbrevs. that I should know what they mean.

I have included the abbrevs. in the context in which they were written here. The capital letters are the ones in question.

The baby was delivered at 35 weeks gestation via c/s due to PIH

This patient is also on Buspar 15 mg TID.

the type of effect would we expect to the infant is mostly CNS (sleepiness, dizziness, .

BSMT, ASCP, SVT (ailment)

thanks.

Ellen Shein, Tel Aviv 

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2