Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2013 14:27:05 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (19 lines)
Annie, this is so close to what happened with my first child.  I knew nothing about tongue-tie back then.  He transferred beautifully right from the start but would click and sputter and cough.  I didn't have any pain.  He started fussing at feeds at 2 weeks of age and by 5 weeks, it was frequently difficult to nurse him when he was awake.  I saw an LC who told me it was overactive let-down and encouraged me to block feed.  By 8 weeks he was refusing to nurse while awake.  I did the same as you and bounced him until he was sleepy and then nursed.  I also ran to him the second he was waking up to feed him again while he was sleepy at naps and at night.  I couldn't sleep with him because every little noise he made, I tried to feed him and I got no sleep.  I learned to recognize the sound on the baby monitor that meant he was ready to nurse but not fully awake.

This was pretty much my life for the first year.  He grew well in length and head circumfrence but was down to the 12th for weight for a while.

I wish I had known about his TT and LT.  His lip-tie was revised when he got braces for his terrible occulsion, wide gap and front teeth that stuck out.  We plan to have his tongue-tie revised when we can afford it.

Laura Spitzfaden, LLLL, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2