Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jul 2009 21:12:40 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Ms. Pamela
I have seen several, who have had this surgery, also, with slow weight gains, for the 
babies.  It seems fairly obvious that alterations of the normal digestion process, of the 
mother, can result in less than optimal milk production, and over time, we will surely see 
more research into this.  Hopefully, women will opt for these types of surgeries, after they 
are done having kids?  (It's hard for me to understand how this can even be happening, in 
the first place, but that's neither here nor there?-ha  The same for breast surgeries that are 
elective.  You mess with mother nature, and there are prices to pay.  Sorry, that's my 
limited education shinning through.)  This is a great place to vent!    There has to be a 
correlation between altering the normal digestion process of the mother, and the milk 
composition and production, with lactation.  This is where formula MAY have it's place, only 
after, of course, banked human milk!  I do have my priorities straight, at least!  ha  Joann 
C.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2