Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2012 13:14:29 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (23 lines)
I am attempting to develop a lactation triage/clinic plan for helping moms who may just need a little assistance with positioning and latch and want to be sure that their babies are transferring milk well.  I want to reach moms who are having difficulty but may not need a full consult.

My main concern is that I spend a lot of time and effort creating physician reports but I don't want to charge very much for the clinic.  Depending on the complexity of the case,  a report may take 2-4 hours to research and write and I never spend less than 2 hours on them.  Is it appropriate to have a clinic that triages moms into those whose difficulties are easily resolved and do not need any physician report and those I would recommend to have a full consult would receive a report that would be simply recommending further care?

I want to help moms avoid train wrecks and I feel like I could reach more moms before their problems become worse by offering a reduced rate for this type of service but I want to know if it is ethical to not write a physician report for the moms whose difficulties are simple to solve?   Or do I just send a report for everyone I see but make it brief?

My thought is that whatever I charge for the triage clinic would be deducted from the full consult if one is indicated.

In others' experiences, is this type of clinic helpful or does it just cause reduction in the care moms receive?

Laura Spitzfaden, LLLL, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2